Monday, December 14, 2009

Netflix rocks!!!

I'm so happy the Vikings won yesterday they have a playoff spot now which makes for a great Monday. I just want to say thanks to Bob & Octavius for being my first followers and commenters. I think this blogging idea is a great and helps people connect with out leaving the closet until they're ready. I am so ready but so scared also. My parents are spiritual people and speak often on gay issues when they see them on TV so I know if they found out their son was they would freak out. I don't like living like this 19 years old and gay living at home and in the closet, it's just not right. I just have to live like this until I finish school then I can get the hell out of this house and town. I think if I have my degree I can live anywhere I want like San Francisco, New York or Key West. I hear those cities have great gay neighborhoods. I just want to be where people love me and like me for me not who I sleep with not that I have slept with anyone I'm just saying. I watch it a lot online and so much want to do it but just don't want my first time to be a hook up I want it to mean something. I know I may be asking to much. Hell I'm 19 years old and never been kissed what a shame really this sucks.

I signed up for Netflix last month and wow I'm loving it so far. I also got a p.o.box so I could get the movies I wanted without having my parents asking what movies came in. I also can watch some live on my laptop. I never knew there was so many gay theme movies out. I just seen Brokeback Mountain the other day for the first time how sad is that. At least now with Netflix I can catch up on the gay world so I won't be so lost when I break out of my closet. I've seen some really great movies so far. Beautiful Thing, Edge of Seventeen, Sordid Lives, Latter Days, Shortbus, Shelter, The Broken Hearts Club just to name a few. I know some of them are really old but to me they're brand new. I want to think that I can have a group of friends like the Broken Hearts Club but I would be happy with a few gays friends that feel like I do. I know someday I will break away and be my own person but just need to finish school. Speaking of school I need to get ready for class.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogworld. What is with all the gay viking fans though? lol. I'll make sure I stop by every monday after the vikes lose haha. Go Pack Go. But seriously welcome. And gay films are awesome I wish there were more good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on Mikey's blog and came over to check out yours. As others have said, we've been where you are. I lived at home and went to community college and couldn't wait to get out of the town where I grew up in Georgia. Then I realized that I wanted to go to grad school, so didn't get out of school until I was 25, but at least I lived a few hours away and could be out to friends. It's a tough situation. Stay in the closet if that's what you have to do. You do have support here, even from us "older guys" as Mikey said. And life does get so much better later. I have a husband (married in California when it was legal last year after being together 18 years), a son and a good career - a life that I couldn't imagine when I finally accepted that I was gay at 16 or 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jeremy you got another follower across from Mikey's and I enjoyed your first couple of posts and am looking forward to more.
    Kindest regards Stef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland!

    Since this is a movie post, I thought I'd give a link to a big list of gay movies I posted on a message board for LGBT heavy metal fans back in August (I rented most of them through NetFlix, too!).

    Oh, and I added you to my links on my blog, Castoffs, just now.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. films:

    Gods and monsters.

    School Ties. Not gay but lotta sexuality and hotties like very young Matt Damon & that crowd in first film...

    Trevor

    dailymotion.com

    http://www.logoonline.com/

    links are good sources for short films too.

    I am sure gay films help you feel a bit more proud and settled about being gay. Its a process. You do what you have to. Its not a lie, just guarding your privacy. It is kinda sorta like being a spy behind "enemy" lines. Yes, you pretend, but to do otherwise is too dangerous and ultimately... stupid.

    I am a gay out HS teacher with husband. If I can help with questions or w/e just let me know.

    steevo in cali
    .
    .
    .

    ReplyDelete